Life after a brain injury can be challenging. Our thoughts are often jumbled and the littlest thing can create an unusual amount of stress. Meditation can also help control stress. Learn about the benefits of meditation and simple techniques you can try yourself.
The world is changing all too quickly. It can be difficult to keep up and stay connected. To help you get the most from using Zoom we’ve created this online video course. Join Charles as he shows you how to get started and begin meeting with friends, family, and others using the popular video conferencing application Zoom.
This training was designed to meet the guidelines set out by DSHS and the RCW. In this training, you will be provided information needed to plan, guide and manage a TBI support group. This training will allow you to brainstorm new ideas, improve your current skills, and even do a little self-discovery.
Sections of this course cover support group basics, planning, managing, sustaining, and resources.
Unit 1: Support Group Basics
Unit 2: Getting Started: Planning a Support Group
Unit 3: Facilitating a Support Group
Unit 4: Finances…Do Support Groups Cost Money?
Unit 5: Safety Planning
- Understand support groups and your role as facilitator.
- Understand and be able to use the tools and suggestions shared in this training.
- Understand the application process for Direct Support Group Funding.
- Understand the reporting process to maintain your support group funding.
- Understand how to look for community resources and support available in your area.
- Understand the basics of safety planning and the dispute resolution process BEST provides.