This training was designed to meet the guidelines set out by DSHS and the RCW. In this training, you will be provided information needed to plan, guide and manage a TBI support group. This training will allow you to brainstorm new ideas, improve your current skills, and even do a little self-discovery.
Sections of this course cover support group basics, planning, managing, sustaining, and resources.
Unit 1: Support Group Basics
Unit 2: Getting Started: Planning a Support Group
Unit 3: Facilitating a Support Group
Unit 4: Finances…Do Support Groups Cost Money?
Unit 5: Safety Planning
- Understand support groups and your role as facilitator.
- Understand and be able to use the tools and suggestions shared in this training.
- Understand the application process for Direct Support Group Funding.
- Understand the reporting process to maintain your support group funding.
- Understand how to look for community resources and support available in your area.
- Understand the basics of safety planning and the dispute resolution process BEST provides.